“You don’t like to be touched, do you?”
The question made me recoil in suspicion, like when a street psychic knows something too personal to have guessed it.
“No, I don’t. How could you tell?”
She had sat across from my desk for five months, but I assumed most people in the office paid…
If guys were as mad about rape as they are duck face we wouldn’t have a rape culture problem.
Jamie Kilstein (via stuzie)
Other things most straight white guys get way more upset about than they do about rape:
- Taylor Swift
- the song “Call Me Maybe”
- girls who date “douchebags”
- basically any music that isn’t played by white dudes with guitars
- girls who are “shallow” or “fake”
- girls who wear too much make-up
- girls who don’t wear enough make-up
- fat girls
- when people badmouth dark and gritty superhero films
- Justin Bieber
- someone thinking that they’re gay
When the army doesn’t come for you, when no one chooses to fight for you, when no one dives in after you with fairy tales and promises, you write a different story. You write a tale of adventure and chaos, of survival and fortitude, and instead of wishing to be saved, you save yourself.
Such a great story explaining the importance of advocacy and understanding what Survivors need.
A regular client turned good friend was sexually assaulted and asked me if I would go with her to the police station to make the report. Here is what happened.
Things to note:
1. There may be some triggers around sexual assault, victim blaming, and incompetent police officers.
Jennifer Lawrence at the Costume Institute Gala in NYC, May 6th